VA Loan Program
If you are a Veteran that is eligible for a VA Loan you can purchase any 1-4 family home, or VA approved condominium, valued up to $625,000 in the NY metro area with no money down.
Benefits of a VA Home Loan:
- No Mortgage Insurance
- No Prepayment Penalty
- VA Streamline Refinance Programs
- Flexible Co-signor criteria
- Lenient Credit Criteria
- Can Reuse VA Loan Benefits
- And More. . . .
As a Veteran you are given special advantages not given to the civilian community. Taking these advantages and using them to your benefit through the Veterans Homebuyers Network will get you closer to your goal of being a homeowner.
A VA loan is a mortgage loan guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which may be issued by qualified lenders. The VA loan was designed to offer long-term financing to eligible American veterans or their surviving spouses.
- All active duty and honorably discharged service members are eligible for a VA Home Loan.
- Served 181 days during peacetime (Active Duty)
- Served 90 days during war time (Active Duty)
- Served 6 years in the Reserves or National Guard
- Or you are the spouse of a service member who was killed in the line of duty.
The first step in the pre-approval process will be conducted by a Licensed Loan officer at a VA Approved Mortgage Bank, who will determine how much of a VA loan you qualify for.
During this Process they will run your credit report & gather information on the following 4 main areas:
- Home ownership history if any & your current plans for the property you want to buy.
After your go through the pre-approval process you will then be able to begin your search for a new home.
- In order to fully service the needs of the Veteran Homebuyer, The Veterans Homebuyers Network has created an alliance with the several NYC area VA Approved Lenders. Licensed in all 50 states these lenders bring years of experience in the Mortgage Banking field.
- All of our partner lenders are VA Approved Mortgage Bankers and Direct Lenders specializing in meeting the needs of all Veterans.
The VA Home Loan program has the most lenient Credit Criteria of all Mortgage Programs. Many Veterans have unfortunately experienced financial hardship at some point in their career, either caused by unemployment, maternity leave, family & medical emergencies or even transitioning from active duty into civilian life.
As Veteran specialists we are very familiar with these different hardships and pitfalls and the effect it may have on a potential VA Mortgage.
However, at the Veterans Homebuyers Network we are also credit restoration experts. For over twenty years we have restored thousands of Veterans credit to the level it needs to be in order to qualify for a VA mortgage.